Learning Links offers speech and language therapy to children who have difficulty expressing themselves or understanding and following what others are saying. Speech and language therapy can help support and enhance a child’s ability to learn and address a range of needs, including:
- Pronouncing sounds and voice problems (articulation)
- Expressing and understanding language
- Ability to hear sounds that make up words in spoken language (Phonological awareness)
- Social language skills used in daily interactions with others (pragmatic skills)
- Following directions and answering questions
- Pre-reading skills
A comprehensive assessment is an important first step in understanding a child’s speech and language strengths and needs. The assessment allows our speech pathologist to tailor appropriate intervention suited to the child’s learning style and provide useful strategies for the home and classroom. Areas assessed include: receptive and expressive language, pragmatic skills, articulation, phonological awareness, stuttering and voice.
Individual speech and language therapy sessions are provided in 30 minute sessions.
Speech Pathologists use specialist strategies and programs adapted to the individual needs of the child.
We understand that every child is unique with different strengths and difficulties and that each family has their own set of challenges and goals. We tailor the best possible program for each child and offer families access to a caring and committed team of highly qualified experts across therapy, teaching and psychology.
Online Telehealth Services
Learning Links’ team of professionals are now offering telehealth speech therapy sessions via video, to allow families to access support for their child’s speech and language development from the comfort of your home.
Online sessions are as effective as face-to-face intervention and can offer a range of benefits, including:
- A flexible and convenient way for your child to receive continued support, without the need for travel
- A familiar and comfortable environment for your child to build a strong relationship with their speech pathologists
- Opportunities for the speech pathologist to use your child’s interests to engage them in sessions
- Different ways for parents to be more involved and gain strategies for providing support in the home
Learning Links is using the Zoom video platform to deliver online speech therapy sessions. Once your booking is confirmed, our team will email a unique Zoom link to access each session.
Schools and Early Childhood Settings
Learning Links is also able to provide speech therapy at your child’s school or early childhood educational setting, with their permission.
Whole school programs are also available. Read More here >
Health Funds and Government Initiatives
Our professionals are registered with the NDIS, private health funds and Autism Initiative.
Families can speak to their GP about accessing Medicare rebates for up to five sessions per calendar year, under the Chronic Disease Management Plan (formally EPC). Bulk-billed face-to-face sessions are available at select Learning Centres, subject to availability.
How to Access our Services
Telehealth: Video sessions are available with our team of experienced speech pathologists.
Locations: Face-to-face services are available at our Learning Centres in Alexandria, Bella Vista, Gledswood Hills, Liverpool and Peakhurst, and may be provided from schools and early childhood settings.
Days of Operation: Monday to Saturday.
Call us on 1300 003 900 or click on the button below to enquire.