A Practical Guide to Help Children Build Skills and Independence
We know how important it is to get occupational therapy support as early as possible. We also know how difficult it can be to get that support when waitlists can be months or even years long. That’s why we’ve developed a practical guide filled with information and strategies to start giving children in the early years and school years the help they need now, so they can have the best opportunity to learn.
About the Guide
There are so many skills children need for effective learning. They need to sit still and upright, pay attention for long periods, block out distractions, hold a pen or pencil and so much more. When children have difficulties with these skills, they can exhibit challenging behaviours and strong emotions. This is often the reason for referral to an occupational therapist.
Our guide seeks to address some of these challenges by empowering parents, teachers and other professionals working with children with knowledge, skills and strategies that can help.
What you’ll learn
- Why motor and sensory regulation skills are important for students’ learning
- The key developmental milestones for motor development and sensory regulation
- Practical strategies to support children’s motor and sensory needs
- When and how to seek help from an occupational therapist
Our Ready to Learn guide provides you with the information and strategies you need to start supporting children with their fine motor, gross motor and sensory regulation skills for learning.
- 2+ hours of video learning: enhance your strategies to support children’s fine motor, gross motor and sensory regulation skills
- Downloadable resources: Get a range of checklists, observation guides and screening tools to track child’s progress and needs in different skill areas
- Activity and equipment guides: Learn which tools you’ll need to work on specific skills
- Worksheets: Apply your learning with reflection and activity prompts
- Unlimited access: Revisit the videos and downloads as many times as you need
- Q&A: Leave a comment to get support from our multidisciplinary team
More Professional Learning Options
Join one of our short, one-hour live webinars to gain simple strategies and get the opportunity to ask our professionals your specific questions. View our calendar of upcoming webinars to find a topic that suits your needs.Explore Upcoming Webinars
Our range of on demand webinars provide you with the flexibility to access evidence-based professional learning at a time that suits you.Explore On Demand Webinars
Dyslexia Decoded is a series of evidence-based webinars and self-guided professional learning options that provide you with the most up-to-date and effective strategies to support children with reading difficulties.Explore Dyslexia Decoded
Our complete Multiplication and Division Teaching Guide makes lesson planning more simple with all the resources and strategies you need to teach the multiplication and division facts so they stick.Explore Teaching Guide