The Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation is continuing to evolve and the advice to organisations on how to respond is constantly being updated.
Learning Links has set up a COVID-19 Response Group that is monitoring the developments and is planning, responding, and preparing should the situation worsen.
Learning Links continues to follow the advice of the Australian Government, NSW Department of Health and the NSW Department of Education and will provide updates for our families, schools and partners as they occur.
Top line medical advice for all:
- If you develop a fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath within 14 days of overseas travel or are in contact with someone else who has Coronavirus, seek medical attention: call your GP, Healthdirect on 1800 022 222, or in an emergency, your local hospital emergency department, if you require translating or interpreting services, call 131 450.
UPDATE: Tuesday 17 March, 2020
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) has announced that COVID-19 is a pandemic, which is an epidemic that spreads on a global scale. The situation is changing rapidly. Up to date information is available at: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
- All travellers to Australia will be required to self-isolate for 14 days.
- People who have travelled in the last 14 days must self-isolate for 14 days from the day they returned.
- The Prime Minister has announced, at this time, the best approach for students, staff and the broader community is for schools to remain open.
- The rate of infection of children is between 0.9 and 1.2% of cases, which is the lowest level of infection of all Australians.
Learning Links Update
- All sessions at Learning Links centres will continue as normal until further notice.
- Should a child or member of staff be tested as positive for the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Learning Links will follow the directives of the Health Department.
- Do not bring your child to Learning Links if they have flu-like symptoms – you should keep your child at home until the symptoms have cleared.
- Learning Links professionals are following NSW Health recommendations for best hygiene standards: Washing hands regularly with soap and water and applying hand sanitiser; Maintaining a 1.5m distance from the child where possible; Only using resources in centres and schools that are absolutely required; Cleaning toys/resources/service delivery desks and chairs regularly with disinfectant; Using low cost disposable resources (eg pencils etc).
- Learning Links is currently working on a plan for alternative online delivery of services where possible. An update will be provided over the coming days.
- All previously provided information is available below as a reminder.
For more information and access to updates, visit our Coronovirus (COVID-19) Updates page