The Incredible Years® Dinosaur School
The Incredible Years® Dinosaur School is a comprehensive evidence-based early intervention program that is effective in improving children’s social emotional competence, communication, self-regulation, school readiness and positive behaviours.
Learning Links is running the program for children aged 4-8 years facing a range of social, emotional and behavioural difficulties, including those with ADD/ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), conduct problems, developmental delays, speech disorders and undiagnosed communication delays*.
Dinosaur School aims to strengthen children’s social and emotional competencies and communication skills, helping them develop in a range of areas, including:
- understanding and communicating feelings
- listening, waiting and understanding rules
- identifying problems, finding solutions and thinking about consequences
- teamwork, sharing and helping
- self-regulation, managing anger and frustration
- making friends and having conversations
- developing positive behaviours
The program consists of an initial interview with the parent, followed by small-group child sessions with a maximum of 6 children per group. The groups will be run by two psychologists.
Learning Links runs the program weekly during school terms, with 10-15 x 1-2 hour sessions in total (depending on location). Parents/carers are required to attend
Dinosaur School is running at our Bella Vista (6-8 years) and Oatley (4-6 years) centres in Term 3. Contact our Customer Care team for more information or to book. Call 1300 003 900 or click Enquire Now.
Details for Oatley groups will be confirmed shortly.
* To fully benefit from the program, children require verbal communication skills and the ability to participate in a small group, follow instructions, ask and answer basic questions appropriate for this age group.