School Readiness Program
Supporting children who may need additional preparation for the routines and early learning skills required for kindergarten.
Our School Readiness Program is a weekly program running in Term 3 and again in Term 4, and is suitable for children starting school the following year.
It is run by a therapist and provisional psychologist, providing support for children’s language, pre-literacy and pre-numeracy skills, behaviour, social skills and motor skills.
Please contact the Customer Care team on 1300 003 900 for further information regarding School Readiness support.
School Readiness Assessments
Knowing whether your child is ready to go to school creates anxiety in families and many parents will ask the question: ‘Is my child ready to start school?’
Not only must children be developmentally ready for the transition, they must also possess adequate social and emotional skills to support them to successfully develop friendships with their peers and be relaxed and ready to learn. Learning Links understands these challenges that parents commonly face and can help you make an informed decision for your child based on their individual needs through our School Readiness Assessment.
This Assessment is undertaken the year before the child is due to start school and is used to determine if a child is intellectually and emotionally ready for primary school.
School Readiness Assessment includes:
- Review of your child’s cognitive, social, family and emotional history via a parent interview.
- Review of prior reports including preschool portfolio.
- Standardised cognitive (intelligence) test.
- Behavioural observation during the assessment.
- Detailed assessment report.
- Recommendations for school and home.
- Feedback to answer all your questions.
- An assessment with the child and their parent(s)/carer(s).
- Facilitated by a registered psychologist.