Superflex is a social skills program designed for 7-10 year olds, to help with social thinking, behaviour awareness and self-regulation skills. The programs focuses on managing social and communication difficulties, and is suitable for children who struggle to monitor and regulate their behaviour, including those with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Level 1 or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)*.
Over the course of the program, children become superheroes and are taught to explore social thinking concepts, become aware of their own social behaviour and develop strategies to monitor and modify their own behaviour.
The sessions cover a range of topics, including:
• Becoming a flexible thinker
• Understanding social rules
• Understand a big problem vs a small problem
• Learning to change unhelpful behaviours
The program consists of small-group child sessions, with engaging games and activities. Each child is provided with a Superflex cape to utilise within the program.
Learning Links runs the program weekly during school terms, with 10 x 1 hour sessions in total.
Superflex is running during Terms 3 and 4 at our Bella Vista centre. Download flyer for dates and times >
Contact our Customer Care team for more information about the program. Call 1300 003 900 or click Enquire Now.
* To ensure children can achieve the best possible outcomes from the Superflex program they need to have the ability to understand their own thoughts, to enable them to moderate their behaviour. Please discuss your child’s suitability with our Customer Care team.