About Learning Links
Learning Links is an organisation with a 47-year history helping families and children with learning difficulties. We are a growing organisation responding to the changing market environment to deliver evidence based high-quality services in literacy, numeracy, speech and occupational therapies, assessments and counselling. We are driven by continuous improvement, strategic growth and building on our previous successes.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an exceptional Occupational Therapist to join Learning Links enjoying the variety of experience and input to Education and Allied Health Programs.
Our Education and Allied Health team operate in our clinics and at schools around Sydney to provide services for children from 3 to 18 years.
Join our professional and supportive team of Teachers, Speech Pathologists and Provisional Psychologists. Enjoy using your skills to contribute to positive outcomes for children with learning difficulties and disabilities and their families in our programs.
About the role:
We currently have a 4 day/week, 6-month maternity leave position available working in our Education and Allied Health team across our Maroubra and Peakhurst offices.
The Occupational Therapist will:
- Develop strong relationships with children reflecting child focussed and strengths-based practice;
- Develop strong relationships that support and partner with families;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of high quality, evidence-based interventions for preschool and school-aged children,
- Implement the policies and procedures of Learning Links; and
- Work collaboratively with staff towards continuous improvement in all aspects of Learning Links’ operations.
This position is due to commence in April, 2020.
- Experience working with children in a clinic setting including administering assessments and delivering intervention
- Understanding and awareness of the guidelines and minimum requirements identified by Occupational Therapy Australia and AHPRA;
- Current knowledge of the issues experienced by children with disabilities and their families and an understanding of how these can be supported by appropriate occupational therapy interventions
- Demonstrated motivation and initiative;
- Demonstrated commitment to flexible and responsive family centred practice;
- Demonstrated strengths-based approach in working with all children;
- Willingness to travel with a current driver’s license and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle;
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills for a variety of audiences; and
- Current WWCC approval.
In return for your skills and experience, the successful applicant will:
- Have access to a not-for profit salary packaging option that can see your take home pay significantly increased.
- Have opportunity to work flexibly during school holiday periods.
- Work in a dynamic and growth-oriented team learning alongside our team of professionals.
- Access opportunities to participate in regular training and professional development.
- Participate in an induction program with supported orientation and transition into the role.
- Have access to the Employee Assistance Program.
Conditions are as per the Learning Links Enterprise Agreement.
To be considered for this position, written applications must include:
- Response to the essential and desirable selection criteria;
- Copy of your qualifications and certifications;
- C.V.; and
- Two current professional referees.
Please send applications to email@example.com or visit the careers page of our website www.learninglinks.org.au.
For any enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with Children Check and Criminal Record Check apply to this position.
Thank you in advance for your application, please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.