Learning Links Preschool is looking for an Early Child Educator who is passionate about including children of all abilities and their families in our Preschool program. This is a permanent part time position (Thursdays and Fridays).
Our Preschool professionals are doing extraordinary things in their everyday work which positively impact on children, families, colleagues, other professionals, and the community.
You will work in a collaborative transdisciplinary team of experienced teachers, educators, speech pathologists, occupational therapists, and provisional psychologists developing individualised programs for children in collaboration with families designed to enhance every child’s participation and learning.
Our exceeding rated inclusive community preschool has the unique benefit of support services offered by our larger organisation and was a recent finalist in the HESTA Early Childhood Education and Care Awards in the building and inclusion category.
Are you looking for flexibility, would like to work part time with job security and have the opportunity to work additional hours in the Preschool program?
The Learning Links Preschool program at Peakhurst provides this opportunity.
About the Preschool
Learning Links Preschool is a community not for profit program operating from 8am-4pm and providing high quality early childhood education catering for the individual needs of all children from 3 to 6 years and their families.
We provide educational programs for children that promote a passion for lifelong learning and equip them to transition successfully to new settings including school and other parts of the community.
The preschool operates during school terms and has high staff to child ratios (1 to 4).
About Learning Links
Learning Links is a not-for-profit charity with a 40-year history helping families and children with learning difficulties and disabilities.
You will receive first class professional development in a supportive team environment with staff who are highly engaged to help children and young people who have difficulties learning realise their potential. This was confirmed in our latest staff survey, where 85% of respondents evaluated our organisation’s progress and success in delivering outcomes positively and 80% expressed being emotionally engaged in a positive way with their work and the organisation.
About our team of professionals
You will work with a team of caring and committed Early Childhood Teachers, Child Care Workers, Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapist and Provisional Psychologist.
About the role:
In this role you will:
- Reflect child focussed and strengths-based practice;
- Follow the Early Years Learning Framework curriculum;
- Comply with Education and Care Services National Regulation and Law;
- Develop strong relationships with children and their families;
- Comply with the policies and procedures of Learning Links; and
- Collaborate with other team members to continuously improve all aspects of the playgroup’s operations.
- Availability to work on Thursdays and Fridays (7.6 hours/day);
- ACECQA approved Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care qualification;
- Current ACECQA approved first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and asthma certifications;
- Experience in an early childhood education setting;
- Understanding of current early education and care legislation and regulations including the EYLF and NQS;
- Ability to undertake the physical requirements of the role;
- Self-motivated and takes initiative;
- Demonstrated commitment to working together with families to develop strong and supportive partnerships;
- Demonstrated strengths-based approach in working with children;
- Skilled at building and maintaining effective workplace relationships with effective written and oral communication skills; and
- Sound computer skills.
Please note a Working with Children Check and Criminal Record Check apply to this position.
- Availability to work additional hours/days.
- Experience working with children with additional needs in an early childhood setting; and
- Current Child Protection training.
In return for your skills and experience you will:
- Have access to a not-for profit salary packaging option that can see your take home pay significantly increased.
- Work in a dynamic and growth-oriented team learning alongside our professional Teachers and Therapists.
- Access opportunities to participate in regular training and professional development.
- Participate in an induction program with supported orientation and transition into the role.
- Have access to the Employee Assistance Program.
Employment conditions are as per the Learning Links Enterprise Agreement.
If you are interested in this exciting role, please send your application to email@example.com including:
- Cover Letter responding to the essential and desirable selection criteria;
- Copy of relevant qualifications; and
- Details of two current professional referees
Closing date for this role is Thursday 24th January 2019.
For more information about the role please contact Sarah Herbert or Melissa Murphy on firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.