We provide a range of education and support programs to parents and carers in situations that test the strength of relationships and endurance of primary care givers. Our Psychologists are accredited to teach specific parenting courses including:
Parenting skills for parents of children 2-12 years
This 3 session parent group provides strategies for parents/carers to get children to:
- Stop doing the things that drive them crazy (like arguing, temper tantrums, and fighting) and start doing the things you want them to do (tidy rooms, get dressed etc.)
- Learn ways to effectively discipline children without arguing, yelling or smacking.
- Increase your self esteem.
ADHD Parent Support group
This 8 session parent education group provides strategies for parents/carers of children with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder to:
- Understand the nature of AD/HD.
- How to positively manage difficult behaviours,
- Working with your child’s school,
- Assist your child to build his/her self esteem,
- The importance of looking after yourself.
The Circle of Security – Parenting Education Program
This 8-session program will teach parents how to secure an attachment with their child it will:
- Provide opportunities to increase your understanding of your child’s emotions
- Develop skills that will enhance your relationship with your child to increase their confidence and self esteem
- Throughout the program a DVD showing actual life experiences will be used.
This 3 session parent group teaches a range of strategies to engage adolescents. It will enable you to:
- Understand the nature of adolescence.
- Identify what behaviours need to be ignored,
- Coach teenagers to consider the consequences of their actions.
- Hold difficult conversations when agreements are breached.
Triple P – Positive Parenting Program
Triple P is a positive parenting program, but it doesn’t tell you how to be a parent. It’s more like a toolbox of ideas. You choose the strategies you need. You choose the way you want to use them. It’s all about making Triple P work for you.
The three Ps in ‘Triple P’ stand for ‘Positive Parenting Program’ which means your family life is going to be much more enjoyable.
Triple P helps you:
- Raise happy, confident kids
- Manage misbehaviour so everyone in the family enjoys life more
- Set rules and routines that everyone respects and follows
- Encourage behaviour you like
- Take care of yourself as a parent
- Feel confident you’re doing the right thing
These programs are run at various times throughout the year.
How to Access our Services
Locations: Our services are offered at our Learning Centres in Peakhurst, Oatley, Maroubra and Liverpool and may be provided from schools and early childhood settings.
Days of Operation: Monday to Saturday
Call us on 02 8525 8222 or click on the button below to enquire.