Countdown to Kindergarten
Countdown to Kindergarten is a school transition program
that has been developed for children who may require some additional preparation for the routines and early learning skills required for kindergarten. Research reports a link between a successful school beginning and ongoing positive outcomes both academically and socially for children.
- Social Skills: Working in a group, developing friendship skills, taking turns, raising hands.
- Talking & Listening Skills: Listening, following directions, news-telling skills, early language concepts.
- Fine Motor Skills: Early pencil movements, cutting, pasting, opening lunchboxes, tying shoelaces and dressing skills.
- Early Learning Skills: Listening and responding to stories, beginning to recognise letters, numbers, shapes and colours.
Beginning school is an exciting time for children and their parents. The Countdown to Kindergarten Program is designed to support school readiness skills in a small group environment facilitated by a teacher.
- Weekly one hour sessions over a 10 week program
- Small group environment