Qualified Teacher Tutor
Learning Links provides individualised teaching and tutoring services to children across Sydney that is simple and effective. On average, children who have attended our sessions make 10-15 months learning gains over an eight-month period.
When you join the Learning Links team you have:
- Unlimited in person and online training to assess, plan and teach students with learning difficulties.
- An invitation to highly coveted quarterly PD days.
- Access to our full digital and physical resource library.
We have fully flexible options available for fully qualified teachers for casual work after school and on Saturday tutoring at Peakhurst. Ideally we are looking for a minimum of two afternoons or an afternoon and a Saturday to get you started with a great group of clients.
Our friendly Customer Care team manage all your bookings and match students to your specific subject expertise and availability. Learning content and games are accessible as resources to save time as you create personalised sessions.
For face-to-face sessions, classrooms have a variety of technologies including both computers and iPads. Sessions are also delivered via video on Zoom, to ensure children facing challenges with their learning can be supported from home.
We have hundreds of children on our waiting lists waiting for services to support their learning and help address the challenges from disrupted learning over the past few years.
Day to day you will be:
- Completing pre-screening to identify gaps in learning.
- Accessing resources in our digital and physical library to plan sessions.
- Teaching using clear language, worked examples and a structured approach.
- Providing valuable feedback to children and their families on progress.
- Assessing learning outcomes and completing post-testing.
- Working with a world-class team at Learning Links.
Why is Learning Links right for you?
- No hassle and fully flexible work. Work from home or Peakhurst.
- All training and support provided as well as ongoing free professional development.
- Provide sessions in a blended format – face to face and online.
- Spend your time teaching children, not on playground duty, in meetings, or completing extensive programming.
- Be part of a transdisciplinary team of Psychologists, Speech Therapists and Occupational Therapists.
- School can be challenging for some students – be part of improving outcomes for kids for the long term and helping them to love learning again.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications accepted by NSW schools for teaching (primary, high school and/or special education).
- Proficient Teacher NESA Accreditation.
- Experience teaching both literacy (reading, spelling, writing) and mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication & division) across the age ranges.
- Current Working with Children Check.
- Vaccinated against COVID (three doses) as we work with NDIS clients.
- Proficient computer skills and access to a laptop computer with internet for home office-based work.
- Commitment to working in partnership with families and other professionals.
About Learning Links
Learning Links is a not-for-profit organisation with over 50 years of experience in empowering children to learn and live a life unlimited by circumstance. We believe that every child deserves the chance to reach their full potential and provide high-quality services to support their learning, development, communication, and wellbeing.
We value diversity and inclusion and the unique contribution that every one of our team make.
Child safety is top priority for us, and we are a child safe organisation. You will be asked to undergo a NDIS Worker Screening Check/ Police check and Working with Children Check. Learning Links requires all staff to be fully vaccinated (three doses) to ensure programs can be delivered safely at our centres and schools.
For further information about Learning Links and a Position Description please click on the link https://careers.learninglinks.org.au/.