Learning Links are recruiting Speech Pathologists to join our growing team across Sydney!
Join a dynamic and growing charity and use your expert skills to make a difference in the lives of children with learning difficulties and disabilities.
As a Speech Pathologist for Learning Links you will be working with children and local primary schools, providing assessments and intervention for children with speech, language and communication needs. You will work with a wide range of children including those with learning difficulties and disabilities and their families and teachers.
If you enjoy working in a supportive and dynamic team environment with regular professional development and high-quality supervision, then Learning Links is the ideal organisation for you.
We are encouraging Speech Pathology students finishing their degrees in 2020 are encouraged to apply to for our roles which are available across our centres in Sydney. We are located at Peakhurst, Liverpool, Gledswood Hills, Bella Vista, and Alexandria.
Who are we?
Learning Links was established in 1972 by parents concerned about the lack of appropriate support services to meet their children’s education and wellbeing needs.
Today, our focus is on preventing learning difficulties from causing disadvantage by collaborating with schools, early childhood settings and parents to intervene early with multidisciplinary services across psychology, speech therapy, occupational therapy, specialist and early education.
Since 1972 we have partnered with thousands of children and families to help children reach their full potential. Our Education and Allied Health team include leading practitioners in their field.
What we offer
A competitive salary package based on relevant qualifications and experience. Learning Links, as a not for profit organisation, offers employees tax effective salary packaging opportunities.
Other benefits of working at Learning Links:
- Working in a dynamic and growth orientated not for profit environment;
- Working with other allied health professionals to fully support the child’s needs;
- Ongoing professional development every school holidays;
- For early career clinicians – comprehensive training in paediatric assessment and intervention and weekly clinical supervision
- For more experienced clinicians – the chance to supervise early career team members and Speech Pathology students
- Life-work balance;
- Employee Assistance Program.
Why is Learning Links right for you?
- Large team of therapists, psychologists and teachers allows sharing of knowledge and expertise;
- Regular clinical supervision from a Senior Speech Pathologist
- Term based timetable with flexible school holiday periods for planning and professional development
- Willingness to travel with a current driver’s license and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle.
- A passion for working with children, families and schools to help our clients reach their full potential
- Student or Provisional Member of Speech Pathology Australia
- Current knowledge of the issues facing children and young people with learning difficulties and an understanding of how these can be supported by appropriate speech therapy interventions.
How to apply for this role:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information and a Position Description please visit the careers page of our website www.learninglinks.org.au
We are a child safe organisation. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a satisfactory police background check and a Working with Children Check.