Learning Links is recruiting Speech Pathologists to join our newly established Learning Centre at Gledswood Hills!
Are you a Speech Pathologist who would like to be part of a growing values-based organisation where staff are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children, families, and communities?
Would you like to work with children in clinic and school environments without the hassle of finding your own clients and managing the business processes?
Our Speech Pathologists are part of a supportive and collaborative multidisciplinary team. Learning Links is a great place for new graduates to gain on the ground clinical experience with a diverse paediatric caseload, or for more experienced therapists to hone their clinical skills and mentor early career therapists. Our therapists are supported through clinical supervision, mentoring, and regular internal professional development delivered by experts in the field.
About Learning Links
Learning Links is an organisation with a 47-year history helping families and children with learning difficulties. We are a growing organisation responding to the changing market environment to deliver evidence based high-quality services in literacy, numeracy, speech and occupational therapies, assessments and counselling. Our recent staff survey confirmed that staff are engaged with their work and the organisation’s supportive team environment and value being part of a growing organisation that delivers outcomes for children.
SOMA Wellness – an innovative new destination for health, wellness, beauty and dining in the heart of Gregory Hills – one of the fastest growing areas in Australia.
About the Role
This is a part time position working up to 35 hours per week. New graduates are welcome to apply.
Our Speech Pathologist utilise their knowledge of speech and language assessment tools, intervention, evidence-based practice methodology and service coordination to provide a high-quality speech therapy program to children and their families.
- Actively participate in regular supervision and professional development to support delivery of quality services;
- Conduct a variety of speech and language assessments and planning for evidence-based interventions;
- Collaborate with and support school communities through demonstrations, consultation and professional learning;
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team of Psychologists, Education Specialists, and Occupational Therapists;
- Provide great customer service and build positive customer relationships through effective communication; and
- Strive to achieve individual and team KPIs to support Learning Links’ strategy for growth.
- Contribute to ongoing review and update of resources in collaboration with the Therapy team.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Certified Practicing Speech Pathologist with SPA (Speech Pathology Australia).
- Current NSW Working with Children Check.
- Current knowledge of the issues facing children and young people with learning difficulties and an understanding of how these can be supported by appropriate speech therapy interventions.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills for a variety of audiences.
- Willingness to travel with a current driver’s license and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle.
What we offer
A competitive package based on your qualifications and experience. As a Charity you can take advantage of salary packaging where you can access up to $15,900 tax-free as part of your total remuneration package. Other benefits include:
- Workplace flexibility supporting work life Balance;
- Ongoing professional development; and
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Program.
How to apply for this role:
Please apply via the careers page on our website or send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Cover Letter responding to the selection criteria;
- Copy of relevant qualifications; and
- Details of two current professional referees.
The role is available immediately, but we will wait for the right person.
For further information and a Position Description please visit the careers page of our website www.learninglinks.org.au
We are a child safe organisation. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a satisfactory police background check and a Working with Children Check before we can make an offer of employment.
Learning Links is an NDIS provider. Successful applicant are must provide evidence of completing the free NDIS Worker Orientation Module available from the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission website.