Learning Links are recruiting Speech Pathologists to join our growing team across Sydney!
- Are you a Speech Pathologist who would like to be part of a growing values-based organisation where staff are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children, families, and communities?
- Would you like the flexibility to arrange your work hours around your personal commitments?
- Would you like to work with children in clinic and school environments without the hassle of finding your own clients and managing the business processes?
If you have answered YES to all the above, Learning Links is the perfect work environment for you!
Our Speech Pathologists are part of a supportive and collaborative multidisciplinary team. Learning Links is a great place for new graduates to gain on the ground clinical experience with a diverse paediatric caseload, or for more experienced therapists to hone their clinical skills and mentor early career therapists. Our therapists are supported through clinical supervision, mentoring, and regular internal professional development delivered by experts in the field.
About Learning Links
Learning Links is an organisation with a 47-year history helping families and children with learning difficulties. We are a growing organisation responding to the changing market environment to deliver evidence based high-quality services in literacy, numeracy, speech and occupational therapies, assessments and counselling. Our recent staff survey confirmed that staff are engaged with their work and the organisation’s supportive team environment and value being part of a growing organisation that delivers outcomes for children.
About the Role
We are looking for the right individuals to fill several positions across our Sydney offices. Positions are up to 35 hours per week, Monday to Thursday and including 5 hours on a Saturday. We will also consider applicants looking 2-3 days of work and will work with you to find a suitable arrangement. New graduates are encouraged to apply and will be provided with a comprehensive training and induction program in their first 6 months of practise, as well as weekly supervision with a senior Speech Pathologist.
Our current vacancies are across the following locations:
- Peakhurst / Maroubra
- Peakhurst / Alexandria
- Peakhurst / Liverpool
- Gledswood Hills (Camden area)
- Bella Vista – 3 days per week
Our Speech Pathologists utilise their knowledge of speech and language assessment tools, intervention, evidence-based practice methodology and service coordination to provide a high-quality speech therapy program to children and their families.
- Actively participate in regular supervision and professional development to support delivery of quality services;
- Conduct a variety of speech and language assessments and planning for evidence-based interventions;
- Collaborate with and support school communities through demonstrations, consultation and professional learning;
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team of Psychologists, Education Specialists, and Occupational Therapists;
- Provide great customer service and build positive customer relationships through effective communication; and
- Strive to achieve individual and team KPIs to support Learning Links’ strategy for growth.
- Contribute to ongoing review and update of resources in collaboration with the Therapy team.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Member of Speech Pathologist Australia with Certified Practicing status (or provisional CPSP status if you are a new graduate)
- Current NSW Working with Children Check
- Current First Aid qualifications – Learning Links will provide yearly CPR refreshers
- Current Police Check (or to ability to undertake a police check)
- Current knowledge of the issues facing children and young people with learning difficulties and an understanding of how these can be supported by appropriate speech therapy interventions.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills for a variety of audiences.
- Willingness to travel with a current driver’s license and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle.
- A passion for working with children, families and schools to help our clients reach their full potential
What we offer
A competitive package based on your qualifications and experience. As a Charity you can take advantage of salary packaging where you can access up to $15,900 tax-free as part of your total remuneration package. Other benefits include:
- Ongoing professional development provided by experts in the field each school holiday break; and
- Workplace flexibility supporting work life balance;
- Access to assessment tools, toys, resources and a large database of electronic resources to help you deliver the best intervention
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Program.
How to apply for this role:
Please apply via the careers page on our website or send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Cover Letter responding to the selection criteria;
- Copy of relevant qualifications; and
- Details of two current professional referees.
Interviews for this role will take place in December 2019 and January 2020 with a start date of Wednesday 22nd January.
For further information and a Position Description please visit the careers page of our website www.learninglinks.org.au
We are a child safe organisation. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a satisfactory police background check and a Working with Children Check before we can make an offer of employment.
Learning Links is an NDIS provider. Successful applicant are must provide evidence of completing the free NDIS Worker Orientation Module available from the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission website.