Are you looking for a 2-day-a-week position commencing July 2020 while you are working towards achieving your 4+2 or 5+1 psychologist registration?
Learning Links is the place for you to expand your psychological therapy skills and assessment skills and support children and families to thrive!
About Learning Links
Learning Links has been helping families and children with learning difficulties for over 45 years. Our aim is to prevent learning difficulties from causing disadvantage. Our interventions include literacy, numeracy, speech and occupational therapies, assessments and psychological therapy.
About the role:
We are seeking a provisional psychologist to provide psychological therapy/ counselling, assessments and group programs in a school or from our Peakhurst office. The position is a 12 month contract, 2 days per week (inclusive of working on Saturday).
Why is Learning Links right for you:
- Large team of psychologists allows sharing of knowledge and expertise;
- Benefit from ongoing professional development and a supportive working environment
- Offer a comprehensive Psychologist registration program. Internal supervision, group supervision and professional development are provided as part of your employment (fees apply).
Essential skills, experience and qualifications for the position:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Psychology (4 year equivalent)
- Provisional registration as a Psychologist through AHPRA under 4+2 (need to have completed 1500 hours) or 5+1 pathway
- Experience developing, delivering and adapting intervention plans for children and young people
- Group facilitation skills for children, young people and or parents
- Advanced oral and written communication
- Experience in building rapport and developing positive relationships with children and parents
- Working with Children Check, and the ability to obtain/undergo a Criminal / Police Check
- Competent in administering, interpreting and writing associated reports for cognitive (WISC, WPPSI) and academic (WIAT) assessments
- Working with children with Autism
What we offer:
A competitive package based on relevant qualifications and experience. Staff can also nominate salary packaging options which allows them to increase the value of their take-home pay.
Other benefits you can access working with Learning Links include:
- Life/ work balance;
- Ongoing professional development; and
- Employee Assistance Program.
How to apply for this role:
To be considered for this position, applications must include:
- Cover Letter responding to the selection criteria;
- Copy of relevant qualifications; and
- Details of two current professional referees.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website for further details: www.learninglinks.org.au