- Community preschool program exceeding the NQS in all quality areas.
- School term program – work/home balance with paid school holiday periods.
- Permanent part-time position (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday).
Learning Links is a not-for-profit charity organisation with a 40-year history helping families and children with learning difficulties and disabilities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and nurturing Educator (Certificate III Qualified) to join our Excellent-Rated Preschool program at Peakhurst. Learning Links Preschool is also proudly a 2018 HESTA Award finalist in the Building Inclusion category.
We operate from 8am-4pm and provide a high-quality early childhood program catering for the individual needs of all children from 3 to 6 years and their families.
Join our professional team of caring and committed teachers, educators and therapists. Enjoy using your skills with high staff: child ratios (5 staff: 20 children).
Our team works collaboratively; developing the program to support the meaningful inclusion of children with diverse abilities into the Preschool.
This is a Part Time opportunity working Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at our Preschool in Peakhurst.
About the role:
The Educator (Certificate III Qualified) will:
- Develop strong relationships with children reflecting child focussed and strengths-based practice;
- Develop strong relationships that support and partner with families;
- Implement best practice as per the Education and Care Services National Regulation and Law and the Early Years Learning Framework curriculum;
- Implement the policies and procedures of Learning Links; and
- Work with other staff towards continuous improvement in all aspects of the Preschool’s operations.
- ACECQA approved Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care qualification;
- Experience in an early childhood education setting;
- Understanding of current early education and care legislation and regulations including the EYLF and NQS;
- Demonstrated motivation and initiative – solutions focussed;
- Demonstrated commitment to working together with families to develop strong and supportive partnerships;
- Demonstrated strengths-based approach in working with all children;
- Professional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- Current first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis approved training certifications;
- Sound computer skills; and
- WWCC clearance.
- Experience working with children with additional needs in an early childhood setting; and
- Current Child Protection training.
In return for your skills and experience, the successful applicant will:
- Have access to a not-for profit salary packaging option that can see your take home pay significantly increased.
- Have the added flexibility of paid stand down time during school holidays.
- Work in a dynamic and growth-oriented team learning alongside our professional staff.
- Access opportunities to participate in regular training and professional development.
- Participate in an induction program with supported orientation and transition into the role.
- Have access to the Employee Assistance Program.
Conditions are as per the Learning Links Enterprise Agreement.
To be considered for this position, written applications must include:
- Response to the essential and desirable selection criteria;
- Copy of your qualifications and certifications;
- C.V.; and
- Two current professional referees.
Please send applications to email@example.com
For more information about the Preschool please visit www.learninglinkspreschool.org.au or contact the Preschool Manager on (02) 8525 8230. For more information about Learning Links and the Position Description please visit www.learninglinks.org.au .
Working with Children Check and Criminal Record Check apply to this position.
Thank you in advance for your application, please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.