Learning Links is seeking an experienced Early Intervention professional who is passionate about inclusive education and supports for children 0-5 years with diverse learning abilities; and enhancing the capacity of families participating in our expanding range of early intervention programs. These programs include Supported Early Intervention Playgroups, Inclusion Consultation in Education and Care settings and the Professional Development Program for Professionals and Families.
Our Early Intervention professionals achieve extraordinary outcomes in their everyday work which positively impact on children, families, education professionals, and the wider community. Learning Links Early intervention programs have the unique benefit of the support services offered by the organisation including our inclusive Preschool, Prep 4 Preschool playgroups, Allied Health and Psychology programs.
Are you looking for a unique leadership and service delivery role that is flexible, part-time and may provide the opportunity to work additional hours as the Early Intervention program grows? The Learning Links Coordinator Early Intervention role provides this opportunity.
This is a part- time contract position for 22.5 hours per week and will be based mainly in Peakhurst. Initially, this is a fixed term contract position until 30 June 2021 (with potential for extension in line with growth opportunities of the Early Intervention programs).
About our team of professionals
This is a rare opportunity to join our professional team of caring and committed Teachers, Educators, Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists who work collaboratively to develop our early intervention programs and support the meaningful inclusion and education of children and their families.
About the role:
The Coordinator Early Intervention will lead and coordinate a transdisciplinary team of professionals in collaboration with the Manager Early Childhood to develop and deliver:
- Early Intervention Playgroups for children experiencing a disability and their families;
- Inclusion Consultation and centre-based support in Early Childhood Settings for children experiencing a disability; and
- Professional Development and Inclusion Training for Early Childhood Professionals and Families.
In this role you will also:
- Develop strong relationships that support and partner with families, early education professionals and the community.
- Implement best practice programs as per the Education and Care Services National Regulation and Law and the Early Years Learning Framework curriculum.
- Utilise your understanding of The National Disability Insurance Scheme to support families and participation in Early Intervention programs
- Implement the policies and procedures of Learning Links at all times.
- Work collaboratively with other staff towards continuous improvement in all aspects of the service’s operations.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with all stakeholders.
- Identify potential Early Intervention Development opportunities.
- Availability to work 3 days per week (7.5 hours/day);
- ACECQA approved Early Childhood Teacher (university) qualification, or Qualification in Speech Therapy or Occupational Therapy
- Current approved first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and asthma certifications;
- Current approved Child Protection training;
- Current approved Criminal Record Check;
- Experience (minimum 5 years) in a either a centre-based leadership role in an early childhood setting, allied health or early intervention program with demonstrated strengths in including children with diverse learning abilities, complex needs and their families;
- Understanding of current early education and care legislation and regulations including the EYLF and NQS;
- Demonstrated passion for a strengths-based and family centred approach in working with children, their families and professionals supporting the child & family;
- Demonstrated skills in building and maintaining effective workplace and community relationships with exceptional written and oral communication; and computer skills; and
- Willingness to travel with a current driver’s license and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle.
- Ability to undertake the physical requirements of the role.
Please note a Working with Children Check and Criminal Record Check apply to this position.
- Experience in coordinating and facilitating supported playgroups (highly regarded);
- Experience in coordinating and facilitating professional development and training both face to face and using online tools (highly regarded);
- Flexibility in days of work where required (highly regarded)
- Availability to increase work hours/days as the Early Intervention program grows.
- Understanding of augmentative communication systems including Key Word Sign, Boardmaker and Total Communication strategies.
In return for your skills and experience you will:
- Have access to a not-for profit salary packaging option that can see your take home pay significantly increased.
- Work/home balance that reflects service delivery primarily in term time
- Work in a dynamic and growth-oriented team learning alongside our professional Teachers, Educators and Therapists.
- Access opportunities to participate in regular training and ongoing professional development.
- Participate in an induction program with supported orientation and transition into the role.
- Have access to the Employee Assistance Program.
Employment conditions are as per the Learning Links Enterprise Agreement.
If you are interested in this exciting role, please send your application to email@example.com including:
- Cover Letter with a written response to each of the essential and desirable selection criteria;
- Copy of relevant qualifications; and
- Details of two current professional referees
For more information about the role please contact Melissa Murphy Manager Early Childhood on 8525 8230 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information and a Position Description please visit the careers page of our website www.learninglinks.org.au
Please send applications to email@example.com or apply online via our careers page. Applications close 4 September 2020.
Working with Children Check and Criminal Record Check apply to this position.
Thank you in advance for your application, please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.