Are you looking for a high-quality inclusive early education setting, where you will work in a term time program with high staff; child ratios and planned leave every school holidays? Learning Links Preschool at Peakhurst provides this opportunity.
Learning Links Preschool is looking for an exceptional Early Child Teacher who has a passion for including children of all abilities and their families in our Inclusive Preschool program. This is a permanent full time position.
About the Learning Links Preschool
Our EXCELLENT rated Preschool implements innovative and evidence based educational programs for children that promote a passion for lifelong learning and prepare them to transition successfully to new settings including school and other parts of the community. We are supported by a collaborative, multidisciplinary team of Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists and other Allied Health professionals who work within our larger organisation.
About Learning Links
Learning Links has been helping families and children with learning difficulties for almost 50 years. We are a growing organisation who deliver evidence based high-quality services in early intervention (preschool and supported playgroups), literacy, numeracy, speech and occupational therapies, assessments and counselling.
About the Early Childhood Teacher Role
In this role, you will:
- Reflect child focussed and strengths-based practice;
- Follow the Early Years Learning Framework curriculum;
- Comply with Education and Care Services National Regulation and Law;
- Develop strength-based relationships with children and their families;
- Comply with the policies and procedures of Learning Links; and
- Collaborate with other team members to continuously improve all aspects of the preschool’s operations.
- Availability to work Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.50am to 4.10pm (7.6-hour shifts).
- ACECQA approved Early Childhood Teacher (university) qualification, e.g. Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Current ACECQA approved first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and asthma certifications;
- Current ACECQA approved Child Protection training;
- Experience and demonstrated skills in a classroom leadership role and working in a collaborative team in an early childhood setting;
- Understanding of current early education and care legislation and regulations including the EYLF and NQS;
- Ability to undertake the inherent physical requirements of the role;
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, flexible, open to innovative ideas.
- Demonstrated commitment to family centred and strength-based practice with families to develop strong and supportive partnerships;
- Demonstrated strengths-based approach in working with children;
- Skilled at building and maintaining effective, sustained and flexible workplace relationships with excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Well-developed computer and IT skills.
Please note a Working with Children Check and Criminal Record Check apply to this position.
- Experience working with children with additional needs in an early childhood setting;
- Understanding of augmentative communication systems including Key Word Sign; and
- Experience using early childhood documentation online tools or apps, e.g. Storypark
What we offer
A competitive package based on your qualifications and experience. As a Charity you can take advantage of salary packaging where you can access up to $15,900 tax-free as part of your total remuneration package. Other benefits include:
- Work in a dynamic and growth-oriented team learning alongside our Allied Health Professionals and Teachers
- Opportunities to participate in regular training and professional development.
- Workplace flexibility supporting work life balance;
- Access to assessment tools, toys, resources and a large database of electronic resources to help you deliver the best intervention
- Participate in an induction program with supported orientation and transition into the role.
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Program
If you are interested in this exciting role, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Cover Letter with a written response to the essential and desirable selection criteria above;
- Copy of relevant qualifications (listed above); and
- Details of two current professional referees
Closing date for this role is Friday 11th December 2020.
Interviews will take place in December before the end of the school term.
For more information about the role please contact Melissa Murphy (Manager Early Childhood) on 8525 8230 or email@example.com . For further information and a Position Description please visit the careers page of our website www.learninglinks.org.au
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.