Make a difference to children’s lives and embark on a rewarding career opportunity with Learning Links – a family-centred organisation and high-quality service provider.
Learning Links has been helping families and children with learning difficulties for over 40 years.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual with qualifications suitable to the position as Childcare Worker in the Out of School Hours (OOSH) Care Service. Based at McCallums Hill Public School in Roselands, the successful applicant will provide a professional service that strives to meet the varying needs of families through positive partnerships that support children in a safe, engaging educational environment.
The role is a casual role, with an opportunity to work up to 15 hours per week.
About the Role:
The OOSH Childcare Worker will:
- Develop strong relationships with children reflecting child focussed and strengths-based practice.
- Develop strong relationships that partner with, and support, families and the school community.
- Implement best practice as per the ACECQA and My Time, Our Place regulations and framework.
- Implement the policies and procedures of Learning Links at all times.
- Work collaboratively with other staff towards continuous improvement in all aspects of the service operations.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with all stakeholders.
- Applicants should possess one or more of the following: Certificate 111 in Children’s Services; Diploma in Out of School Hours Care Diploma in Children’s Services; and/or working towards a relevant qualification.
- Current First Aid Certificate including approved anaphylaxis and asthma management training; or commitment to attain prior to commencing duties.
- Hold a current Working with Children Clearance.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to apply the Education and Care Services National Regulations and National Quality Standards.
- Understanding of the My Time, Our Place Framework for School Age Care.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a school setting.
- Experience working in a similar role with school age children to provide direct support for, and supervision of, children between the ages of 5-12 years.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and expertise in contributing to the development of programs for school age children.
- Proven teamwork skills and ability to work respectfully as an effective team member.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to undertake documentation relevant to individual children and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated professional and ethical approach to all aspects of work.
- Understanding of Work Health & Safety policies and principles.
- Current NSW Class C Driver’s Licence.
- Ability to work additional hours as required.
To be considered for this position, written applications must include:
- Response to the selection criteria
- Copy of your qualification/s
- Two current professional referees
- Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a child safe organisation. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a satisfactory police background check and a Working with Children Check.