- Alexandria location
- Part Time Position
- One Year Fixed Term Contract with opportunities for extension
- Supportive team environment
Exciting opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated Senior Payroll Officer.
You’ll own the entire payroll function, ensuring our people are paid accurately and on time. You will work closely with our managers to process the fortnightly payroll for 200 employees working across multiple sites and disciplines. Reporting into the General Manager – Corporate Services and working closely with the People and Culture team you will be able to showcase your abilities and to show initiative to plan and implement great ideas and initiatives to attract, engage and retain our people!
This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of an innovative organisation that makes a difference in the lives of children.
The responsibilities in this role will include:
- Fortnightly payroll processing and out of cycle adjustments if required
- Employee setup, changes and terminations
- Payroll, end of month, Board, WH&S, and ad-hoc reporting
- Responding to payroll queries and EBA and award interpretation
- Working with the Payroll System (PayGlobal) and Rostering and Time and Attendance (EmpLive) Support teams to resolve issues and implement changes as required.
- Processing and payment of employee superannuation payments and deductions.
- Interpreting and processing employee salary sacrificing options as part of the Charity’s Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) status
- Preparing Total Benefits Statements
- Participating in continuous improvement projects including identifying and implementing technology solutions to drive efficiencies within Payroll and HR.
- Supporting Human Resource tasks as required including managing Criminal Record Checks, Working with Children Checks, certification expiries, qualifications and training, generating employment letters and contracts, and preparing new starter processes.
To be considered for this position, the successful applicant will have:
- A suitable qualification in payroll administration or similar
- At least three (3) years’ demonstrated experience working in a similar role ideally in small to medium organisation
- Advanced skills in payroll/HR systems, including time and attendance and rostering systems
- Knowledge of Australian payroll processes, taxation, superannuation and WH&S legislation
- Demonstrated advanced Excel skills
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interpret workplace agreements and legislation
- A positive approach and excellent customer service skills.
- Impressive relationship building skills – be respected and well-liked by others and know how to forge, maintain and foster strong working relationships with key leaders across diverse client groups. You’ll be self-motivated, resilient and a thoughtful influencer who enjoys change and can provide a fresh approach and way of thinking.
- The right to work in Australia.
- Ability to write policies and procedures.
- Experience with PayGlobal and EmpLive will be highly regarded
- Ability to train others in payroll practices and procedures
- New Payroll system implementation or data migration experience will also be highly regarded.
- Broader work within a HR environment will be highly regarded.
- Previous experience working for a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI).
About Learning Links
At Learning Links every one of our employees makes a difference to the lives of the children, families, and communities we serve every day. Learning Links is an organisation with a 47-year history helping families and children with learning difficulties and disabilities.
At Learning Links, we believe in Empowerment, Collaboration, Excellence, and Integrity and are committed to ensuring that how we serve others and how we work together reflects these values. Our recent staff survey confirmed that staff are engaged with their work and the organisation’s supportive team environment and value being part of a growing organisation that delivers outcomes for children.
Our range of benefits ensure that working for Learning Links will be a mutually satisfying experience. As a Charity you can take advantage of salary packaging where you can access up to $15,900 tax-free as part of your total remuneration package. Other benefits include:
- Workplace flexibility supporting work life balance;
- Ongoing professional development; and
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Program.
- Living our values recognition program.
How to apply for this role:
Please register your interest in this position by email with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or apply via the below link.
This role is immediately available, but we will wait for the right person. A thorough orientation and induction will be provided upon commencement.
We are a child safe organisation. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a satisfactory police background check before we can make an offer of employment.