Manager Charity Housie
- Experienced account and people manager with great customer service skills
- Manage Charity Housie operations across Sydney and in regional locations
- Club and/or hospitality experience an advantage
Are you an experienced account manager with a passion for raising funds for a worthy Charity?
This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of an innovative organisation that makes a difference in the lives of children.
About Learning Links
At Learning Links every one of our employees makes a difference to the lives of the children, families, and communities we serve every day. Learning Links is an organisation with a 47-year history helping families and children with learning difficulties and disabilities.
At Learning Links, we believe in Empowerment, Collaboration, Excellence, and Integrity and are committed to ensuring that how we serve others and how we work together is a reflection of these values. Our recent staff survey confirmed that staff are engaged with their work and the organisation’s supportive team environment and value being part of a growing organisation that delivers outcomes for children.
About Charity Housie
Learning Links has been providing Charity Housie for over 20 years. Through Housie sessions run in registered clubs across NSW, Learning Links raises funds to support and enable our community-based work in schools and centres across Sydney and NSW. Similar to Bingo, Housie is a fast and exciting game of chance enjoyed by thousands of people around the world. Players buy books of tickets, hoping their numbers are called first so they can win cash or prizes.
About the Role
The Charity Housie Manager manages and provides leadership within the Charity Housie business unit in a way that ensures:
- excellent customer service to our Clubs partners and patrons,
- retention and growth of fundraising income for our Charity,
- staff engagement and a strong positive collaborative culture,
- compliance with fundraising, community gaming and other relevant laws and regulations and Learning Links Policies and Procedures.
Reporting into the General Manager Corporate Partnerships & Marketing this is a varied and fast paced role supporting approximately 30 staff, and building effective relationships with our Registered Club partners. You will provide account management through regular appointments with registered clubs across Sydney and NSW and support staff from Club locations. The role can work from our many Learning Centres including Maroubra, Alexandria, Peakhurst, Bella Vista, Liverpool and Gledswood Hills depending on Club locations.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Managing 3 Area Managers and over 30 Housie staff and providing leadership and direction.
- Liaising with club management to build new business opportunities, manage and grow existing sessions, resolve operational problems, and to implement improved work/housie practices.
- Managing the rostering and time and attendance of staff to ensure all sessions have adequate staff.
- Preparing performance reports.
- Liaising with the Charity Housie Compliance Officer to ensure that Charity Housie stays within the Fair-Trading guidelines, regulations and legislation.
- Overseeing Charity Housie marketing and promotional opportunities.
- Managing customer feedback and complaints to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Attending business reviews meetings to identify business growth and promotional/marketing opportunities.
- Proven customer service skills and the capability to build a customer service culture that fosters service excellence across all aspects of our Charity Housie operations.
- Demonstrated account management skills including time management, impressive relationship building skills, be respected and well-liked by others and know how to forge, maintain and foster strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, resilient and a thoughtful influencer who enjoys change and can provide a fresh approach and way of thinking.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Proven business acumen and numeracy skills.
- Experience managing in a regulated environment requiring strict compliance with laws and regulations.
Our range of benefits ensure that working for Learning Links will be a mutually satisfying experience. As a Charity you can take advantage of salary packaging where you can access up to $15,900 tax-free as part of your total remuneration package. Other benefits include:
- A fully maintained company vehicle for business use;
- Workplace flexibility supporting work life balance;
- Ongoing professional development; and
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Program.
- Living our values recognition program.
How to apply for this role:
For further information and a Position Description visit the careers page of our website www.learninglinks.org.au Please register your interest in this position by email with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The role is available immediately, but we will wait for the right person. A thorough orientation and induction will be provided upon commencement.
We are a child safe organisation. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a satisfactory police background check before we can make an offer of employment.