Launch your Information Technology career with a traineeship at Learning Links.
This is a temporary appointment commencing January/February 2019 until the completion of the traineeship.
- Do you have a passion in IT?
- Are you enthusiastic about taking the first steps to a successful and fulfilling career in Information Technology?
You will receive first class training in a supportive team environment with an organisation where staff are highly engaged to help children and young people who have difficulties learning realise their potential. We are also a performance driven organisation wanting to deliver the best outcomes for our clients. This was confirmed in our latest staff survey, where 85% of respondents evaluated our organisation’s progress and success in delivering outcomes positively and 80% expressed being emotionally engaged in a positive way with their work and the organisation.
With a traineeship, not only will you be achieving your qualification in Information Technology, you will also gain hands on experience within a workplace. This traineeship is a 24-month structured program combining study and work that offers you an exciting opportunity to start a career.
This traineeship is ideal for someone who is a recent high school graduate who does not want to attend full time study, or a recent skilled migrant who does not hold an Australian qualification. You will work on a full-time basis, Monday to Friday and be able to attend your formal classroom training during work time.
Located mainly at our new Head Office in Alexandria, with a requirement to attend other sites including Peakhurst, Liverpool, Bella Vista, and Maroubra.
To be eligible for this traineeship, you must:
- Be an Australian Citizen or a Permanent Resident for at least 6 months
- Have a genuine interest, passion and commitment to complete an Information Technology qualification.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers to gather information about their needs and to provide services.
- Have first class computer skills with the ability to quickly learn new skills and technologies
- Have a flexible approach to a diverse work environment, displaying a professional image at all times
- Have completed high school certificate with good results
- Have not completed a qualification equal to or above a Certificate III in any discipline
- Display a willingness to learn and commit to completing Certificate IV within two years.
- Have access to reliable transport for attendance at both work at various locations, and at external training provider.
Want to join our team?
If you feel you are up for the challenge, are an Australian School Lever, and Permanent Resident of Australia who does not hold an Australian Qualification, please send your application to email@example.com including:
- Cover Letter responding to the selection criteria;
- Details of two current professional referees
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Working with Children and Police Background Check apply to this position.