We are currently seeking an experienced professional with qualifications suitable to the position as Childcare Worker in the Out of School Hours Care Service. Based at McCallums Hill Public School, the successful applicant will provide a professional service that strives to meet the varying needs of families through positive partnerships that develop children in a safe, engaging educational environment.
- Applicants should possess one or more of the following: Certificate III in Children’s Services; Diploma in Out of School Hours Care Diploma in Children’s Services; and/or working towards a relevant qualification.
- Current first aid certificate; and completion of; willingness to undertake approved course/s in anaphylaxis and asthma management.
- Hold a current Working with Children Clearance.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to apply the Education and Care Services National Regulations and National Quality Standards.
- Understanding of the My Time, Our Place Framework for School Age Care.
- Experience working in a similar role with school age children to provide direct support for children between the ages of 5-12 years.
- Experience working with children with additional learning support needs.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a school setting.
- Demonstrated understanding of working collaboratively with school professionals.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and expertise in contributing to the development of programs for school age children.
- Proven teamwork skills and ability to work respectfully as an effective team member.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to undertake documentation relevant to individual children and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated professional and ethical approach to all aspects of work.
- Understanding of Work Health & Safety policies and principles.
- Current NSW Class C Driver’s Licence.
- Ability to work additional hours as required
To be considered for this position, written applications must include:
- Response to the selection criteria:
- Copy of your qualification
- Two current professional referees
Please send applications to email@example.com
For more information, please contact the OOSH Coordinator on 0438 391 759 or email firstname.lastname@example.org