Learning Links is coming to Gledswood Hills in June 2019!
Use your teaching skills and be a part of an organisation changing the future for children and adolescents with learning difficulties.
Are you a teacher who would you like to be part of a growing values-based organisation where staff are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children, families, and communities?
Learning Links is opening a new service centre at SOMA Wellness – an innovative new destination for health, wellness, beauty and dining in the heart of Gregory Hills – one of the fastest growing areas in Australia.
Learning Links is the place for committed teachers to hone their teaching skills for the students who need it most and make a genuine difference in children’s education. Our teaching specialists can work at times that fit into their busy schedules and gain expanded knowledge and skills for their own teaching through our comprehensive teacher professional learning programs.
About Learning Links
Learning Links is an organisation with a 47-year history helping families and children with learning difficulties. We are a growing organisation responding to the changing market environment to deliver evidence based high-quality services in literacy, numeracy, speech and occupational therapies, assessments and counselling. Our recent staff survey confirmed that staff are engaged with their work and the organisation’s supportive team environment and value being part of a growing organisation that delivers outcomes for children.
About the role
We are recruiting for our afterschool and Saturday Educational Support Program for our new Gledswood Hills Learning Centre opening in June 2019.
Why is Learning Links right for you?
- You will work from our Gledswood Hills Centre for a block of time without the hassle of travelling between appointments.
- Your time is spent teaching children, not playground duty, meetings or extensive programming.
- You will have access to an enormous library of digital and physical resources for teaching literacy and numeracy.
- You will be provided with extensive induction training in assessment, planning and teaching of students with learning difficulties prior to starting and ongoing throughout your employment.
- You will be part of a team of Educational Psychologists, Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists who will support children with learning difficulties in the Camden area.
- There are opportunities for additional work providing training to parents, volunteers and teachers.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (primary, high school and/or special education);
- Experience teaching both literacy (reading, spelling, writing) and mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication & division)
- Knowledge and/or experience working with children with learning disabilities;
- Current Working with Children Check;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Commitment to working in partnership with families and other professionals;
- Understanding of assessment, programming and delivery of evidence-based instruction in literacy and numeracy; and
- Competent computer skills.
What we offer
As a Charity you can take advantage of salary packaging where you can access up to $15,900 tax-free as part of your total renumeration package. Other benefits include:
- Workplace flexibility supporting work life balance;
- Ongoing professional development; and
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Program.
How to apply for this role:
For further information and a Position Description visit the careers page of our website www.learninglinks.org.au Please register your interest in this position by email with your resume to Dr Samantha Hornery, Education Manager email@example.com An information pack containing a description of the program will be forwarded to you to assist in the preparation of your expression of interest application and for a preliminary phone appointment to discuss the role.
In preparation for the opening of the new learning centre in June 2019 we are working towards conducting interviews in late May 2019 and offering employment and induction training from June 2019 and booking clients from 8th June 2019.
We are a child safe organisation. Successful applicants will be required to obtain a satisfactory police background check and a Working with Children Check before we can make an offer of employment.