Are you wanting to keep working with children who need and want your help out of the classroom environment?
Do you enjoy ongoing teacher professional learning in the areas of literacy and numeracy education for children with learning difficulties?
Are you looking for afterschool and Saturday work to fit around your teaching and study commitments?
Learning Links is the place for you to make a genuine difference in children’s education and expand your teaching skills.
About the role
We are recruiting for our afterschool and Saturday Educational Support Program at our learning centre in Peakhurst. We will also be opening a learning centre in Gregory Hills in Term 2 and are accepting early applications too!
Why is Learning Links right for you?
- You will work from your closest office for a block of time without the hassle of travelling to people’s homes in between appointments.
- Your time is spent teaching children, not playground duty, meetings or extensive programming.
- You will have access to an enormous library of digital and physical resources for teaching literacy and numeracy.
- You will be provided with extensive induction training in assessment, planning and teaching of students with learning difficulties prior to starting and ongoing throughout your employment.
- You will be part of a team of Educational Psychologists, Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists to support children with learning difficulties in the Hills area, having input into the delivery of our services in a new learning centre.
- Opportunities for additional work within the organisation in relation to training for parents, volunteers and teachers can also be available.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (primary, high school and/or special education);
- Experience teaching both literacy (reading, spelling, writing) and mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication & division)
- Knowledge and/or experience working with children with learning disabilities;
- Current Working with Children Check approval;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Commitment to working in partnership with families and other professionals;
- Understanding of assessment, programming and delivery of evidence-based instruction in literacy and numeracy; and
- Competent computer skills.
What we offer
Learning Links employees receive tax effective salary packaging opportunities, which means you can increase the value of your take-home pay.
Other benefits you can access working with Learning Links include:
- Working in a dynamic and growth orientated not for profit environment;
- Life/ work Balance;
- Ongoing professional development; and
- Employee Assistance Program.
How to apply for this role:
Please register your interest in this position by email with your resume to Dr Samantha Hornery, Education Manager email@example.com An information pack containing a description of the program will be forwarded to you to assist in the preparation of your expression of interest application and for a preliminary phone appointment to discuss the role.
Use your teaching skills and be a part of an organisation changing the future for children and adolescents with learning difficulties.