Learning Links Preschool is looking for an Early Child Teacher who is passionate about including children of all abilities and their families in our Preschool program. This is a permanent part time position (Thursdays and Fridays).
Our Preschool professionals are doing extraordinary things in their everyday work which positively impact on children, families, colleagues, other professionals, and the community.
Our exceeding rated inclusive community preschool has the unique benefit of support services offered by our larger organisation and was a recent finalist in the HESTA Early Childhood Education and Care Awards in the building inclusion category.
Are you looking for flexibility, would like to work part time with job security and have the opportunity to work additional hours in the Preschool and expanding early intervention programs at Learning Links?
The Learning Links Preschool program at Peakhurst provides this opportunity.
About the Preschool
Learning Links Preschool is a community not for profit program operating from 8am-4pm and providing high quality early childhood education catering for the individual needs of children of diverse abilities from 3 to 6 years and their families.
Learning Links Preschool is a preschool for everyone. We are proud of our high-quality inclusive program where children of all abilities and backgrounds are welcomed and included in the Preschool program, learning side by side to maximise their learning abilities and wellbeing as they progress to primary school. Our centre values diversity of culture, language, ability and experience.
We provide educational programs for children that promote a passion for lifelong learning and equip them to transition successfully to new settings including school and other parts of the community.
The preschool operates during school terms and has high staff to child ratios (1 to 4).
About our team of professionals
You will work in a collaborative transdisciplinary team of caring and committed Teachers, Educators, Speech Pathologist and Occupational Therapist. Our professional team develop individualised programs for children in collaboration with families designed to enhance every child’s meaningful participation and learning.
About the role:
In this role you will:
- Reflect child focussed and strengths-based practice;
- Follow the Early Years Learning Framework curriculum;
- Comply with Education and Care Services National Regulation and Law;
- Develop strong relationships with children and their families;
- Comply with the policies and procedures of Learning Links; and
- Collaborate with other team members to continuously improve all aspects of the playgroup’s operations.
- Availability to work on Thursdays and Fridays (7.6 hours/day);
- ACECQA approved Early Childhood Teacher (university) qualification;
- Current ACECQA approved first aid, CPR, anaphylaxis and asthma certifications;
- Current ACECQA approved Child Protection training;
- Experience in a classroom leadership role in an early childhood setting;
- Understanding of current early education and care legislation and regulations including the EYLF and NQS;
- Ability to undertake the physical requirements of the role;
- Self-motivated and takes initiative;
- Demonstrated commitment to working together with families to develop strong and supportive partnerships;
- Demonstrated strengths-based approach in working with children;
- Skilled at building and maintaining effective workplace relationships with strong written and oral communication skills; and
- Sound computer skills.
Please note a Working with Children Check and Criminal Record Check apply to this position.
- Availability to work additional hours/days in the Preschool and early intervention programs.
- Experience working with children with additional needs in an early childhood setting;
- Understanding of augmentative communication systems including Key Word Sign; and
In return for your skills and experience you will:
- Have access to a not-for profit salary packaging option that can see your take home pay significantly increased.
- Work/home balance in the term time focussed program.
- Work in a dynamic and growth-oriented team learning alongside our professional Teachers and Therapists.
- Access opportunities to participate in regular training and professional development.
- Participate in an induction program with supported orientation and transition into the role.
- Have access to the Employee Assistance Program.
Employment conditions are as per the Learning Links Enterprise Agreement.
If you are interested in this exciting role, please send your application to email@example.com including:
- Cover Letter responding to the essential and desirable selection criteria;
- Copy of relevant qualifications; and
- Details of two current professional referees
Closing date for this role is Wednesday 19th June 2019.
For more information about the role please contact Sarah Herbert on 8525 8230 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.