Make a difference to children’s lives and embark on a rewarding career opportunity with Learning Links – a familycentred high-quality service provider that has been helping families and children with learning difficulties for over 40 years.
Learning Links requires casual educators to work in our Exceeding Rated Preschool, and OOSH program to cover staff when they are on leave.
Our community based preschool located at Peakhurst operates during term time from 8am-4pm providing a high quality early childhood program with high staff child ratios, catering for the individual needs of children from 3 to 6 years and their families.
Our OOSH located in McCallums Hills Public School at Roselands provides before school care (7-9am), after school care (2.30-6.15pm) care on pupil free days, and vacation care.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our professional team of caring and committed teachers, educators, child care workers, and therapists who work collaboratively to develop the program and support the meaningful inclusion and education of all children in the programs.
Key responsibilities include:
• Actively contributing to provide high quality inclusive education and care to children of all abilities and their families.
• Developing strong relationships with children reflecting child focussed and strengths based practice.
• Developing strong relationships that support and partner with families and the community.
• Implementing best practice as per the Education and Care Services National Regulation and Law, and the Early Years Learning Framework/My Time Our Place curriculum.
• Following the policies and procedures of Learning Links at all times.
• Working collaboratively with other staff towards continuous improvement in all aspects of the service’s operations.
• Demonstrating effective interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with all stakeholders.
• ACECQA approved:
– Certificate III qualifications in Early Childhood Education and Care, or
– Diploma qualification in Early Childhood Education and Care, or
– University qualified Early Childhood Teacher qualification (including current registration with NESA)
• Current first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis approved training certifications.
• WWCC clearance.
• Flexibility and availability to work ideally a minimum of 3 days per week.
• Demonstrated strengths based approach in working with children and families.
• Understanding of current childcare legislation and regulations including the EYLF/MTOP and NQS.
• Previous proven experience as a core team member in a prior to school, and/or OOSH setting.
• High level communication skills both oral and written.
• High level interpersonal skills and ability to work flexibly with children, families and staff.
• High level team collaboration skills.
• Experience working with children with additional needs.
• Be part of a professional team and learn new skills working alongside supportive colleagues from teaching and therapy backgrounds.
• A competitive package based on relevant qualifications and experience. Salary packaging opportunities including a tax-free component each year. Conditions are as per the Learning Links Enterprise Agreement
What we offer
A competitive package will be based on relevant qualifications and experience. Learning Links employees receive tax effective salary packaging opportunities, which means you can increase the value of your take-home pay.
Other benefits you can access working with Learning Links include:
- Working in a dynamic and growth orientated not for profit environment;
- Life/ work Balance;
- Ongoing professional development; and
- Employee Assistance Program.
To be considered for this position, written applications must include:
• Written response to each of the essential and desirable selection criteria.
• Identification of your availability to work (days and times) in the Preschool and or OOSH programs.
• A copy of your qualifications and certifications.
• C.V. detailing your past employment and proven evidence based experience against the essential criteria.
• Two current professional referees
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the position and or programs please contact the Preschool Manager on 8525 8230 or refer to www.learninglinkspreschool.org.au . Working with Children Check and Criminal Record Check apply to this position.
Thank you in advance for your application, please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.