About the role
We are currently seeking an Assistant Accountant to join our friendly and supportive Finance team at Alexandria on a permanent full-time basis. You will work closely with the Financial Accountant supporting the delivery of accurate and timely processes and ensuring Learning Links’ accounting policies, transactions and procedures are carried out in accordance with accounting standards and all laws and regulations. You will also work closely with the other members of the team to assist with process improvement opportunities.
- Preparing analyses of general ledger accounts and producing monthly or ad hoc reports;
- Processing and verifying that data is recorded accurately and in a timely fashion;
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances;
- Keeping track of payments and expenditures, including payroll, expenses, purchase orders, and invoices;
- Cash matching;
- Paying vendors by scheduling payments within approved payment terms and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit;
- Verifying employee expense reports;
- Preparing payments into banking systems;
- Responding to all vendor or customer enquiries of a financial nature;
- Supporting staff and management with timely financial information as required;
- Continuous improvement of financial processes.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Undergraduate Degree or Advanced Diploma in Finance or Accounting (or equivalent) will be highly regarded however we will consider someone with extensive experience in this area.
- Ability to self-manage tasks and prioritise activities.
- Effective and professional communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders.
- Proactive in identifying and implementing improvements to work processes and practices.
What we offer
A competitive package will be based on relevant qualifications and experience. Learning Links employees receive tax effective salary packaging opportunities, which means you can increase the value of your take-home pay.
Other benefits you can access working with Learning Links include:
- Working in a dynamic and growth orientated not for profit environment;
- Life/ work Balance;
- Ongoing professional development; and
- Employee Assistance Program.
How to apply for this role:
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Cover Letter responding to the selection criteria;
- Copy of relevant qualifications; and
- Details of two current professional referees